The purpose of the qualification is to:
- To enable educators/students to plan and implement a learning programme which is based on their knowledge of child development from birth to six years and which helps children in a specific phase to work towards achieving the learning outcomes of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
- To improve community-based ECD services for young children by raising the level of ECD teaching competence and/or by providing opportunities for training in support and leadership roles. This qualification provides a substantial qualification for:
- Potential students/educators who have acquired an FETC (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification at Level 4 (120 credits) and who wish to make ECD their full-time career (entry point);
- Students/educators who have a Level 4 qualification in ECD to further their career and professional development in ECD by providing access to a Level 6 qualification;
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Practitioner,e an Early Childhood Development site
- Starting my own Early Childhood Development site
Admission Requirements what do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course? • Grade 12 • Level 5 Higher Certificate in Early Childhood Development to enter at second year level.